Application for Admission
Congratulations on deciding to take the first step toward a better future by applying to Providence Christian College! Once your application is received, your personal Admissions Counselor will contact you to guide you through the rest of the process.
- ACT minimum: English 18, Math 18, Composite 19
- New SAT minimum: Reading and Writing 500, Math 500, Composite 1000
- Old SAT minimum: Critical Reading 460, Math 460, Composite 920
- High school GPA minimum of 2.5 GPA
- The applicant must articulate a credible profession of faith in Jesus Christ. A credible profession would agree with the Apostles’ Creed or one of the other historic ecumenical Christian creeds.
- The applicant must have completed 16 units of coursework in high school (each unit representing one year of satisfactory work). The following program is strongly recommended in preparation for a Providence education:
- English (college preparatory with grades of C+ or higher in each unit) (3 units)
- Mathematics (Algebra I & II and Geometry with grades of C+ or higher in each course) (3 units)
- History/Social Sciences (3 units)
- Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics) (One must be a lab science) (3 units)
- Foreign Language (with a grade of C or above in the final year) (2 units)
- Electives (2 units)
To be considered for admission to the college, applicants must submit the following:
- A completed online application
- A $25 application fee
- An official, signed, high school or homeschooling association transcript will be required upon completion of senior year (Final Transcript Request Form) (Those students who have completed the General Education Development Examination (GED) or the California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE) will also be considered for admission).
- A copy of the ACT or SAT I test results
- SAT code: 7893
- ACT code: 6958
- A copy of the exam scores from any AP, IB, or CLEP courses.
- a maximum of 36 credits may be accepted towards graduation requirements from Providence
- Official transcripts from any and all college(s) attended
* All documents and supporting data required for admission become the property of Providence Christian College and will not be returned to the applicant.
Applicants who do not meet the criteria listed above will be asked to additionally submit a writing sample and will be considered for admission to the college on a case-by-case basis. These applicants may be granted provisional admission to the college. Provisional students may be required to take a reduced course load, remedial courses, and may receive enhanced advising from faculty and student mentors.