FACULTY & STAFF
Faculty & Staff Employment Opportunities
Every college and university has its unique set of expectations based on the values of the institution. As a Reformed Christian college Providence requires that staff and faculty meet particular confessional requirements by subscribing to the Three Forms of Unity and/or the Westminster Standards as described in the Vision of Providence Christian College. In addition administrator and faculty candidates should be aware of additional expectations, described here: Providence Faculty candidate expectations.
These expectations are not meant to be criteria by which to evaluate the quality of one’s Christian commitment; rather, they merely seek to communicate the positions that Providence has taken and expects its faculty to support. Questions for clarification, application, or exceptions are welcome.
Applicants for all faculty positions should be in accordance with Providence employment expectations for faculty enumerated in the application for employment. Links to a statement of employment expectations and instructions in the application process can be found on this page.
Providence also welcomes inquiries from applicants in other disciplines for a pool of qualified lecturers. Qualified candidates should hold an M.A. in the discipline taught or a closely related area. PhD and/or teaching experience preferred. Applicants should be able to give evidence of Christian commitment and adherence to the Reformed confessions. Only complete applications will be considered. Complete applications include cover letter, institutional application for employment with essay questions, and unofficial transcripts for review. Official transcripts required upon hire.
Assistant/Associate Professor of Health and Life Sciences
PREFERRED POSITION START DATE: Fall 2022
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, eligible for full benefits.
Providence Christian College is an accredited and growing Reformed inter-denominational liberal arts college that seeks to equip students to be firmly grounded in biblical truth, thoroughly educated in the liberal arts and fully engaged in their church, their community and the world for the glory of God, and service to humanity.
All administrators and full-time faculty, prior to appointment and as an ongoing condition of employment, are expected to affirm that the system of doctrine taught in The Three Forms of Unity (The Belgic Confession, The Heidelberg Catechism, and The Canons of Dort) and/or The Westminster Standards (The Westminster Confession of Faith, and The Westminster Larger and Shorter Catechisms) are in full agreement with the system of doctrine taught in the Bible.
Responsibilities & Skills
Reporting to the Dean of Academics, the Assistant/Associate Professor of Health & Life Sciences will be responsible for:
- (20%) ~ Assisting in the recruitment of incoming first-year students interested in Health & Life Sciences.
- (60%) ~ Teaching a 3/3 undergraduate course load in the discipline. Courses to be taught include “Nutrition,” “Kinesiology,” “Anatomy/Physiology I & II,” and “Exercise Physiology”
- (10%) Engaging in scholarly research leading to publication.
- (10%) Active participation in institutional service including serving on the Faculty Senate, one standing faculty committee, and spearheading the internship and placement efforts for the Health & Life Sciences program.
Must meet our standard minimum requirements of at least a Master’s degree (PhD preferred) in a discipline within Health & Life Sciences by the time of hire, demonstrate excellent teaching and mentoring abilities, possess an entrepreneurial spirit in developing a program, and desire to integrate faith and learning within the context of the study of health and life sciences.
Given its commitment to academic excellence, Providence Christian College’s faculty compensation package of salary, housing assistance, and benefits makes it one of the most desirable Christian college places of employment.
- Send completed application, cover letter, and résumé addressed to Dr. David Corbin, Vice President of Academic Affairs, to email@example.com or
- Mail to: Providence Christian College
Attn: Human Resources
464 E. Walnut Street
Pasadena, CA 91101
Administrative and Staff Positions
For any open positions, the following application materials should be submitted to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A letter of interest
- Your professional and educational resume
- Unofficial College Transcripts
- A Staff Application For Employment (see button below)
Executive Assistant to VP for Advancement & Alumni Relations
Office of Advancement
Providence is seeking an energetic, service oriented, self-starter with a passion for the mission and vision of Providence. This position will directly report to, work with and assist the Vice President for Advancement to promote Providence Christian College, communicate with and serve its constituents. The ideal candidate should be highly detail oriented, possess excellent research and analytical skills, exceptional inter-personal oral and written communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with challenging deadlines, and comfortable with daily database management.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
- Provide high-level professional administrative support to the VP for advancement, including scheduling meetings, communication with donors and project management.
- Support donor cultivation and maintenance of existing donor relationships through regular communication and interaction.
- Plan, organize and provide support for various institutional and donor centric events.
- Assist in identifying qualified fundraising prospects to meet annual goals.
- Cooperate with V.P. for Alumni Relations strategy, and perform all alumni related communication & events.
- Assist with management and execution of the annual development mailing calendar.
- Aptitude for data mining, research and analysis with multiple databases.
- Manage donor database; daily data entry and accounting. Knowledge of eTapestry is a plus.
- Process all incoming monetary donations and see execution of gift-acknowledgement cycle and tax receipts.
- Oversee orders and invoicing for college-wide promotional items.
- Monthly and annual reconciliation of donations with the finance office.
- High-level of proficiency using Adobe, Excel, Outlook, Word and Google Apps suite.
- Comfortable with use of technology, digital & social media (or aptitude to engage.)
- Manage student store; inventory, ecommerce and oversight of student workers.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; those with graduate education will be given preference
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience working in a similar environment
TENTATIVE START DATE:
September 15, 2021
To apply, complete the Providence Staff Application.
NO APPLICANT WILL BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT A COMPLETED STAFF APPLICATION.
Send completed application, cover letter, and resume to email@example.com (preferred) or mail to:
Providence Christian College
Attn: Human Resources
464 E Walnut Street
Pasadena, CA 91101
Providence Christian College is an accredited and growing Reformed liberal arts college that exists to serve the Reformed and evangelical Christian community on the West Coast by equipping students to be firmly grounded in biblical truth, thoroughly educated in the liberal arts and fully engaged in their church, their community and the world for the glory of God, and service to humanity. Providence is located in Pasadena CA, within the cultural hub of greater Los Angeles.