Sea Beggar Athletics
See your Sea Beggar game schedules and results on the official NAIA website:
Athletics Mission Statement
The mission of the Providence Christian College Department of Athletics is to embrace the holistic development of our students for lives of Christian service and discipleship, engage God’s creation in all areas of life, while honoring God through academic excellence, athletic development and success, and spiritual growth.
Philosophy of Athletics
We are called as Christians to love and serve God with everything in our being, including our bodies. “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.” 1 Corinthians 6:19-20.
Athletics at Providence Christian College provides one component and opportunity to glorify God with our bodies. From healthy living and sportsmanship, to training for competition, all of what we do must honor God and his gracious gift of salvation. It is recognized then, that Providence’s Athletics program:
- Provides an opportunity for all students to develop lives of healthy living and encourage active participation in athletics.
- Is an integral part of the total college community involving students, staff, and patrons.
- Promotes active growth opportunities in our athletes’ relationship with Christ.
- Promotes college pride and cohesiveness.
- Abides by all rules and regulations by the Institution, as well as any governing bodies (NAIA, NCCAA, USAC).
- Strives to recruit quality student-athletes who seek to live out the college’s mission statement.
- Trains students and athletes to become active members/participants in the surrounding community and churches.
- Recognizes athletics and physical activity/abilities as gifts from God.
As you can see from the offerings, we have a wide variety of competitive teams. Please click on the links below to find out more about our team sports, coaches and to fill out the recruitment forms online for the sports in which you are interested.
For a directory of the athletics department coaching staff, click here.
Oh, and you might have one more question. What’s a Sea Beggar?