Posted: 2 March, 2020
Organization: FVO Solutions, Inc.
Location: Pasadena, CA
Unit: Supported Employment
OBJECTIVE: The DSP, under the direct supervision of the assigned Manager, will provide direct services to Clients and support the activities of the assigned Program. The DSP will provide supervision and training to disabled adults in integrated settings in the community or within FVOS’ Work Experience Program.
DUTIES: Specific duties of the DSP include:
- Participating in pre-placement and transitional training for disabled consumers referred for supportive employment or FVOS’ Work Experience Program. Training includes mobility training, soft skills training, orienting Clients to the new work environment and to the employer’s expectations.
- Providing job training and supervision to Clients at the job site, internal or community based, including performing task analysis, breaking down tasks and teaching new ways to perform them.
- Perform time studies, document piece rate activity and monitor quality control to ensure that employer expectations are met.
- May need to work alongside the disabled worker until they learn to function at an acceptable performance rate.
- Monitoring Client’s behavioral objectives and providing behavioral interventions when necessary.
- Preparing written reports of the Client’s progress and daily time sheets.
- Insuring the safety of assigned staff, volunteers and clients.
- Providing transportation to staff, volunteers and disabled workers as needed.
- Performing other duties as assigned. In a service agency such as FVOS, effective service to consumers occasionally requires staff to perform duties outside their normally assigned job duties.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule (may work during weekends)
- Must possess a valid California Drivers License
- Must have a reliable car and must have minimum auto insurance required by California Law
- Willing to work at more than one site
- Associates Degree or equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred; Certification for Job Coach/Employment Training desirable
- Outgoing personality and ability to communicate effectively
- Exhibits a high degree of professionalism
- Background or knowledge in a variety of entry-level jobs
- Experience working with the disabled is preferred
- Able to communicate in English; orally and in writing
- Approved criminal background check
Occasional reaching, bending and lifting up to 25 lbs. on a repetitive basis and up to and up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis, prolonged standing and walking, frequent driving, able to handle indoor and outdoor work environment.
FVO SOLUTIONS, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
9/88 Reviewed: 10/89, 12/92, 1/96, 4/99, 8/99, 4/02, 9/4, 10/04; 10/07, 1/08, 6/11, 2/17