We are glad you’re considering a transfer to Providence Christian College! We know that choosing a college can be a daunting decision, especially when changing institutions. Providence accepts transfer students from most accredited post-high school institutions. In fact, most transfer students now at Providence have thrived as they continue their education with us. Please use the following information to better understand the process at Providence.
General Transfer Info
- Credit will be accepted from regionally or nationally accredited institutions. Those transferring from unaccredited institutions should contact the Registrar’s Office.
- Course credit hours are awarded based on semester units of credit. Quarter credit hours are converted to semester credit hours by multiplying quarter credits by 3/5.
- Students may transfer up to 64 semester credits.
- A minimum grade of “C” (2.00) is required in a course to receive credit.
- Grade point average (GPA) for graduation purposes is based on work completed at Providence and does not include courses taken elsewhere.
- All students must complete their last year in residence.
- For graduation, at least 9 upper-division credit hours for each concentration must be taken at Providence.
- College-level credit earned during the 10th, 11th, and 12th grades (dual credits) will be given credit.
- A maximum of 36 credits may be earned by examination (AP, IB, and CLEP exams).
- Courses may not transfer due to: low grades (“C-“ or lower), courses taken for credit/no credit or pass/fail, remedial courses, technical or vocational courses, repeat of work already taken, etc.
- Courses will transfer after an official transcript is received and after matriculation at Providence.
The registrar will work on a case-by-case basis with applicants seeking to transfer from other colleges or universities to determine how progress toward meeting the applicant’s academic goals can best be achieved.
Application for Admission
- Complete and submit the online Transfer Application for Admission at the link at the bottom of this page
- Send or email a copy of transcripts from every college where you have taken classes to:
- Providence Office of Admissions, 1539 E. Howard Street, Pasadena, CA 91104
- Pay the $25 application fee via Pay Pal
Preparing To Apply
Before you apply, please review and prepare the necessary information for your application.
- The application requires a pastoral or spiritual character reference and you will also be asked to provide the name and address of the current church you are attending, as well as the pastor of the church.
- A short statement of 3-5 sentences asking the following question is required. Question: Please articulate your personal faith in Christ Jesus, using scriptural references where appropriate.
- You will be asked if you agree to abide by the following Providence Expectations and follow the expectations for student behavior in the Student Handbook.
1. Weekly church and chapel attendance
2. Commitment to rigorous academic standards, class attendance, and participation
3. Completing 15 units of study in Bible as a part of the core curriculum
4. Non-participation in practices known to be morally wrong by Biblical standards, such as drunkenness, stealing, causing dissension among community members, slanderous or profane language, dishonesty, occult practices, premarital sex, adultery or other sexual sins as defined by the Providence Christian College student handbook.
5. Abstention from the possession or use of alcoholic beverages (under 21), tobacco products (under 18), non-medical narcotics, or hallucinogenic drugs (including marijuana). Providence is an alcohol-free and tobacco free campus.