Prospective First Year Students
Ready to start your journey to Providence Christian College? Take the first step and submit your application today. Your personal admissions counselor will contact you shortly and be with you every step of the way. You will receive priority assistance in the financial aid and housing process.
To be considered for admission to the college, please submit the following:
- A completed online application
- A $25 application fee
- An official, signed, high school or homeschool association transcript will be required upon completion of senior year (Final Transcript Request Form) (Those students who have completed the General Education Development Examination (GED) or the California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE) will also be considered for admission).
- A copy of the ACT or SAT or CLT (www.cltexam.com) test results
- SAT code: 7893
- ACT code: 6958
- A copy of the exam scores from any AP, IB, or CLEP courses. Note that Providence will accept up to 36 credits toward graduation requirements for these courses.
- Official transcripts from any and all college(s) attended
Please note that all documents and supporting data required for admission become the property of Providence Christian College and will not be returned to the applicant.
Providence Christian College reserves the right to deny admission to any student who the Admissions Committee feels would be a detriment to the college’s resources and/or a danger to the overall college community.
The applicant must articulate a credible profession of faith in Jesus Christ. A credible profession would agree with the Apostles’ Creed or one of the other historic ecumenical Christian creeds.
The applicant must have completed 4 years of high school coursework in high school (equalling 16 units of satisfactory work). The following program is strongly recommended in preparation for a Providence education:
- English (college preparatory with grades of C+ or higher in each unit) (3 units)
- Mathematics (Algebra I & II and Geometry with grades of C+ or higher in each course) (3 units)
- History/Social Sciences (3 units)
- Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics) (one must be a lab science) (3 units)
- Foreign Language (with a grade of C or above in the final year) (2 units)
- Electives (2 units)
Minimum test scores:
- ACT: English 18, Math 18, Composite 19
- Old SAT: Critical Reading 460, Math 460, Composite 920
- New SAT: Reading and Writing 500, Math 500, Composite 1000
Minimum high school GPA of 2.5
Applicants who do not meet the criteria listed above will be considered for admission to the college on a case-by-case basis. These applicants may be granted provisional admission to the college. Provisional students may be required to take a reduced course load, remedial courses, and may receive enhanced advising from faculty and student mentors.