PRIORITY APPLICATION DEADLINE: Dec. 1, 2018 – Open Until Filled
PREFERRED POSITION START DATE: Jan. 5, 2019
POSITION TYPE: Part-time 25-30 hours per week; health benefits and retirement may be offered depending on eligibility requirements.
Providence Christian College is an accredited and growing Reformed inter-denominational liberal arts college that exists to serve the Reformed and evangelical Christian community on the West Coast by equipping students to be firmly grounded in biblical truth, thoroughly educated in the liberal arts and fully engaged in their church, their community and the world for the glory of God, and service to humanity. Providence is located in Pasadena CA, within the cultural hub of greater Los Angeles.
Responsibilities & Skills
Reporting to the Vice President for Finance and Operations, the facilities coordinator will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Serve as liaison for summer internship apartment rental program.
- Supervise (interview, hire, create schedules, approve timecards, check on work performance, do reviews, etc.) student employees under facilities and operations (mailroom attendants at FCC, cleaners, maintenance, others TBD)
- Serve as liaison with landlord for landlord-level work at each location (currently FCC and Providence Village), ensuring timely resolution to tenant issues.
- Serve as liaison with maintenance provider for tenant level work at each location (currently FCC and Providence Village), ensuring timely resolution to tenant issues.
- Serve as point-person for scheduling use of leased and outside facilities for operational use (operational and events).
- Serve as liaison with internal (landlords, space we currently lease) and external groups (e.g. Fuller Cafeteria, New School of Cooking, Ambrose Cafe) for scheduling and reserving space for events and catering needs.
- Assist with management and monitoring of student meal plan contracts and commitments.
- Serve on the College events committee.
- Serve as main point-person for reservation and scheduling of facilities, obtaining certificates of insurance as-needed, but could be more.
- Provide some level of support to institutional events, this is TBD as the position and needs are fleshed out and will depend on the experience level of the candidate.
Must meet our standard minimum requirements of at least a bachelor’s degree and some level of work experience (1-2 years). Prior experience managing facilities and/or events is desired, as is high-level of organizational skills, easily adapts to and learns new technology, great interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and problem solving.
- Send completed application, cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Mail to: Providence Christian College
Attn: Human Resources
1539 E. Howard Street ~ Pasadena, CA 91104