Head Track & Field Coach
PRIORITY APPLICATION DEADLINE: JANUARY 15, 2019 – OPEN UNTIL FILLED
PREFERRED POSITION START DATE: FEBRUARY 1, 2019
POSITION TYPE: Beginning February with $500 monthly stipend for recruiting; Full-time employment offered with full benefits beginning July 1, 2019
Providence Christian College is an accredited and growing Reformed inter-denominational liberal arts college that exists to serve the Reformed and evangelical Christian community on the West Coast by equipping students to be firmly grounded in biblical truth, thoroughly educated in the liberal arts and fully engaged in their church, their community and the world for the glory of God, and service to humanity. Providence is located in Pasadena CA, within the cultural hub of greater Los Angeles.
Providence is seeking an energetic, self-starter with a passion for the mission and vision of Providence. This position will directly report to and work with the Director of Athletics to build Providence Christian College’s track and field program. The ideal candidate should be highly detail oriented, possess excellent research.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
The head track coach is responsible for all aspects of the men’s and women’s track and field program. He or she is to be a strong Christian leader who actively contributes to the spiritual, social, and academic development of student-athletes. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: recruitment of qualified student-athletes, practice planning and coordination of off-campus facilities, monitoring academic progress of student-athletes, spiritual development and formation of student-athletes, fundraising, budgeting, scheduling, supervising cross country and track staff, administrative duties and compliance with Providence, CALPAC, and NAIA rules and regulations. Travel is required for recruiting.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred. Proven track record of success with a minimum of three to five years of coaching and recruiting experience.
- Dynamic ability to attract, recruit, and develop student-athletes with the understanding of how to develop a competitive collegiate track program.
- Strong communication skills: interpersonal, written, and social. Ability and desire to work in a team environment. Must have and maintain a valid California driver’s license and be able and willing to travel.
- Send completed application, cover letter, and resume to email@example.com or
- Mail to: Providence Christian College
Attn: Human Resources
464 E. Walnut Street
Pasadena, CA 91101
Female Resident Director
PRIORITY APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 31, 2019 – OPEN UNTIL FILLED
PREFERRED POSITION START DATE: July 15, 2019
POSITION TYPE: Full-time exempt; requires living in the residential student Village among students.
COMPENSATION: Private on-site apartment, additional salary commensurate with education and experience, full host of employee benefits including healthcare and retirement, and a meal stipend.
Providence Christian College is a growing, inter-denominationally Reformed, accredited liberal arts college, that exists to serve the Reformed and Evangelical Christian community on the West Coast by equipping students to be firmly grounded in biblical truth, thoroughly educated in the liberal arts and fully engaged in their churches, their communities and the world for the glory of God, and service to humanity. Providence is distinctly Christian and Reformed; distinctly classical in its approach to emphasizing core liberal arts; and distinctly counter-cultural.
As a residential college, Providence is located in Old Town Pasadena, California. 90% of our students live on campus in apartment housing. 60% of our students are student-athletes, 55% are male, 75% are from California. Learn more about Providence by visiting our website: www.providencecc.edu
The Female Resident Director is a full time (evenings/weekends), live-in position that reports to the Dean of Students. General duties include promoting community, supervision of student employees, enforcement of college and resident life policies, and management of various resident life functions.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
Reporting to the Dean of Students, the Female Resident Director will be responsible for the following:
- Providing shared oversight of residence halls, including Resident Assistant supervision.
- Providing Resident Assistant training and the ongoing coaching of RAs
- Counseling residential students regarding personal and interpersonal issues
- Connecting students with resources, including academic and counseling services
- Assisting the Student Life department with the following:
- Event planning with Campus Activities Board, Student Senate and RAs
- Housing placement and management
- Orientation and retreat for new students
- Organization and execution of chapel
- Student retention management and strategic planning
- Administrative tasks as needed
- Scheduling maintenance and apartment turnover
Bachelor’s degree and some level of relevant work experience (1-2 years). Must possess strong organizational, administrative, communication and leadership skills. Candidates who have experience in Resident Life or Student Development, and/or hold a graduate degree are preferred. Candidates who have had a comparable educational experience to Providence will be more prepared for this position.
The following application materials should be submitted to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A letter of interest
- Your professional and educational resume
- Unofficial College Transcripts
- A Staff Application For Employment