Faculty and Administrative Employment Openings
Vice President of Academic Affairs
Providence Christian College seeks an experienced academic leader for the position of Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA). The VPAA reports directly to the President and is a member of the senior staff. He/she serves as the Chief Academic Officer and is responsible for comprehensive academic programs through responsibilities that include leadership of others, planning, policy implementation and budget development/management.
Qualified candidates committed to a Reformed, perspective on education and culture are encouraged to review the job description and follow the full-time application below. Priority application deadline is November 15, 2017.
Adjunct Faculty Openings
Providence Christian College seeks qualified (Master’s degree in field of expertise, doctorate preferred) adjunct faculty for the 2017-18 academic year for possible openings in the following disciplines:
- Economics (Business)
- Accounting (Business)
- Abnormal Psychology (Spring 2018)
- Neuroscience and Behavior ( Spring 2018)
- Video Production
Providence also welcomes inquiries from applicants in other disciplines for a pool of qualified adjunct faculty. Qualified candidates should hold an M.A. in the discipline taught or a closely related area. PhD and/or teaching experience preferred. Applicants should be able to give evidence of Christian commitment and adherence to the Reformed confessions. Only complete applications will be considered. Complete applications include cover letter, institutional application for employment with essay questions, and unofficial transcripts for review. Official transcripts required upon hire.
Providence Christian College endeavors to diversify its faculty and administration within the framework of its mission. The institution does not unlawfully discriminate against anyone based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, military service status, physical or mental disability, and/or medical condition, consistent with federal and state requirements for nondiscrimination in employment.
Director of Admissions
The Director of Admissions is responsible for leadership and management of the Admissions Office and recruitment efforts so as to achieve annual enrollment targets. This position reports directly to the Vice President for Finance and Operations (VPFO/CFO).
- Reflect and promote the mission, vision, and identity of the College.
- Provide vision, leadership, mentorship, and management for admissions staff.
- With VPFO, set recruitment goals and tactics to achieve institutional enrollment targets.
- Hire and coach admissions counselors to be strong territory and roster managers and hold accountable for goals and yield as set by management.
- Annually assess and adjust recruitment territories and tactics using historical and benchmark data. Adjust recruitment tactics and messages as frequently as on a daily basis if necessary so as to achieve conversion needed to achieve enrollment targets. Manage a small recruitment territory.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to develop and implement student marketing including print and electronic collateral. Oversee deployment of print collateral and electronic communication to prospective students and families and other constituents.
- Manage the admissions budget.
- Represent Admissions and the College at various meetings, events, and/or conferences. May include public speaking.
- Manage holistic review of applications for admission including regularly convening the Admissions Committee to review marginal applicants.
- With guidance from the VPFO and Financial Aid Office, understand annual financial aid awarding and leveraging policy so as to secure enrollment targets within discount rate and institutional aid budget.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 or more years of progressive experience in admissions. Preference is given to candidates who have worked in undergraduate admissions at Christian and/or private institutions, and who has served in a leadership position in admissions department (Director or above).
- Knowledge of and ability to implement admissions and enrollment “best practices.”
- Experience in the use of data analytics as a part of a comprehensive admissions strategic plan and accountability.
- Successful proven leadership experience. A personal record of leadership and service that shows integrity, accountability, and ability to achieve goals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide range of constituents.
- Strong collaborative and team-oriented interpersonal skills. Detail-oriented, accurate, organized and efficient. Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience with use of student information system for lead through enrollment management.
- Overnight travel and occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Be able to lift 20 lbs. boxes of files and/or publications.
- Knowledge and acceptance of principles and philosophies of Providence Christian College, its programs and requirements.
- Applications will be accepted beginning July 2016 and will continue until the position is filled.
- Send completed application (see link above), cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Mail to: Providence Christian College, Attn: Human Resources, 1539 E. Howard Street, Pasadena, CA 91104