Business, Economics, and Society Concentration
A concentration in business, economics, and society equips students to be servant leaders in businesses both large and small and to learn the skills of stewarding people and resources in a just and righteous manner. The cultural mandate found in Genesis 1:26 instructs us to be busy in exercising dominion over creation as vice-regents—God’s representatives. Part of imaging God is being responsible as faithful stewards in tending and developing creation potential for God’s glory and for the well-being of mankind. For the Christian, work is worship, and all vocations are viewed as high callings before God.
The mission of the economics and society concentration at Providence Christian College is to develop lifelong learners that can think critically and communicate effectively within a biblical framework in the marketplace
Concentration Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the business, economics, and society concentration will be able to:
- Understand business and economics terms and ideas, and effectively communicate using the language of business and economics.
- Make effective business choices using a systematic, evaluative, information-based approach utilizing the appropriate tools of the discipline.
- Develop and exhibit high standards of professional practice, demonstrating awareness of ethical and social responsibilities in today’s multi-cultural, team-oriented, rapidly-changing globalized environment.
Representative Classes Can Include
- Principles of Accounting
- Principles of Management
- Microeconomics and Behavior
- Economics and Society (Macroeconomics)
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Business Law
- Human Resource Management
- International Business and Economics